Cafe Society opened in 1945 at 966 E. 105th Street. Advertising itself as “Glenville’s swankiest,” Cafe Society featured a circular bar. The club was a mainstay for jazz music into the 1980s. The building is one of a rare few Cleveland Green Book sites that still stands today, housing the Khnemu Foundation Lighthouse Outreach Center.
Green Book Details
Cafe Society appears in the Green Book from 1947 to 1955 at 966 E. 105th St. under the category Taverns.
Additional information coming soon.