Circle Theatre

Circle Theatre was located at 10208 Euclid Avenue in the city’s so-called “second downtown” that centered on Euclid and E. 105th. The theater opened as the Hoffman in 1920, became the Circle in 1927, and operated until 1959. In the 1950s, as the adjacent Hough neighborhood transitioned to a majority Black area, the entertainment businesses in the Euclid-E. 105th area also catered more openly to African Americans.

Additional information coming soon.

Resources

10208 Euclid Ave.