Cotton Club

The Cotton Club featured jazz and blues and other entertainment at 2230 East 4th Street. It opened in 1948 and was renamed the Modern Jazz Room in 1957. A highlight was Duke Ellington’s appearance there in 1956.

Additional information coming soon.

The future home of the Cotton Club as it appeared on April 28, 1942. This view faces northwest from the corner of E. 4th and Huron. The Medical Arts Building, part of the Union Terminal complex, is in the distance. | Cleveland Public Library, Photograph Collection

Resources

  • “Duke Ellington Into Cotton Club, Nov. 23.” Call & Post. November 17, 1956.
2230 E. 4th St.