R. M. R. Ranch Club was a 125-acre farm outside Elyria, Ohio. Opened in 1956 by Mary L. DeRamus and two friends, the club included a stable with 17 horses for riding, picnic grounds, a restaurant, a motel, club room, dining room, hayrides, horseshoe pitching, tennis, and croquet. The RMR Ranch Club also had a nightclub on the grounds which featured prominent artists like Al Green and Marvin Gaye. To accommodate visitors from greater distances, the R. M. R. Ranch Club offered overnight guest rooms. In 1962, the club was renamed DeMD Ranch when DeRamus became the sole proprietor. The last of the acreage where the establishment stood was sold to the Lorain County Regional Airport in 1991.
Additional information coming soon.
- “Display Ad 1 — no Title.” Cleveland Call and Post (1934-1962), Jul 01, 1961.
- “Display Ad 10 — no Title.” Cleveland Call and Post (1934-1962), Apr 02, 1960.
- “Display Ad 45 — no Title.” Call and Post (1962-1982), Jun 30, 1962, City edition.
- The Morning Journal (Lorain, OH) Obituary of Mary L DeRamus. October 12, 2011.
- R. M. R. Ranch Club advertisement. Call & Post. July 20, 1957.