Highland Park Golf Course is located at 3550 Green Road in Highland Hills. It was part of a vast swath of land in Warrensville Township known as Cooley Farms that was owned by the City of Cleveland starting in the Progressive Era. Opened in 1913, Highland Park has a long history of hosting Black golf clubs, including the city’s oldest Black golfing organization, the Forest City Golf Association. Into the mid-1950s it was, along with Seneca Golf Course, one of only two courses that openly welcomed Black golfers.
Additional information coming soon.